Natalie Murison adapts to team

Crimson Tide (13-2, 1-0 SEC), will return to action Sunday in Foster Auditorium for their first home conference match of the season. CW | Lindsey Leoonard

Kayla Montgomery

While her sister went on to play volleyball at Seton Hall, Murison found herself at Alabama, where she is one of four new players earning significant court time for the Crimson Tide.

Murison said she always had a strong admiration for her sister who was almost seven years her senior, who inspired her and helped to develop her talent.

“She would always hit balls with me in the backyard,” she said. “She always just really inspired me to be the best that I can, so I really just wanted to follow in her footsteps and play division one like her.”

Early in her high school career, Murison played for competitive high school and club teams, and she realized that her desire to play volleyball in college could come true. When evaluating perspective schools, she visited Auburn before coming to Tuscaloosa, where the coaching staff and program attitude sold her on the 
Alabama program.

“I loved the campus, the coaches, the team. Everyone was so welcoming,” she said. “I knew coach [Ed] Allen was building a great program and that’s something I definitely wanted to be a part of.”

So far this season, she has been a large part of the program, competing in every match the Crimson Tide has played this far. Allen said Murison has transitioned well, bringing not only talent, but also a sense of stability.

“She has a very steady personality emotionally,” Allen said. “Physically, she’s a very gifted player who’s played at a very high club and high school level, so the physical challenges here aren’t as big as what they are for most freshmen coming in. Because she’s a very steady player emotionally, there’s never too many 
highs or lows.”

Murison and the rest of the Crimson Tide (13-2, 1-0 SEC), will return to action Sunday in Foster Auditorium for its first home conference match of the season, taking on the 5-5 LSU Tigers at 1 p.m. Alabama will enter this match off of a 3-1 win against UGA Wednesday night in its first conference match of the season, advancing its current winning streak to eight matches.