'Are You Smarter Than a Professor?' UP event asks

By Heather Buchanan | Staff Reporter

Students will challenge their professors during University Programs’ event in the Late Night Series called “Are You Smarter Than a Professor?”

The event will take place from 8 to 10 p.m. in the Ferguson Ballroom.

“We wanted to be able to have an event where students and faculty have the chance to let loose and have fun together,” said Morgan Smith, a senior majoring in communication studies, who is the event programmer for the Late Night Series. “As a student, you never want to go against your teacher/professor but with this event, you finally have the chance to.”

University Programs is aiming to give students a safe and fun option for their late night plans. Smith said the event is a spinoff of the hit show”Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?” and will feature students in teams of five facing off in a trivia game against a panel of UA educators. The event is designed to open participants to new topics and people.

“We hope [participants] gain insight on different questions asked throughout the game show as well as interact with others who they may not have met otherwise,” said Michelle Fowler, a UP graduate assistant in programming.

The event is free, but participants are encouraged to sign up for the event at upua.tix.com. Participants from across campus will compete Wednesday evening for a chance to win prizes.

“We have a great lineup of faculty and students to participate including various student leaders from different organizations and faculty that also serve in staff roles as well,” Smith said.

Plan to Go:

What: “Are You Smarter Than a Professor?”

When: Wednesday, 8-10 p.m.

Where: Ferguson Ballroom