By the Numbers and Position Grades

6 – The total number of interceptions thrown on Saturday.

243 – The number of yards receiving that co-MVPs Robert Foster and ArDarius Stewart combined for. Stewart had 118 yards receiving and two touchdowns while Foster had 125 yards receiving.

8 – The total number of sacks for both defenses.

269 – The number of passing yards for the White team. Jake Coker led the team with 183 passing yards.

5 – Total carries for running back Kenyan Drake. It was Drake’s first time seeing action in anything besides practice since suffering a season-ending injury against Ole Miss last season.

2 – The number of field goals kicker Adam Griffith made. Griffith was 2-for-4 and made field goals from 28 and 49 yards. 

Quarterbacks, B: All five quarterbacks saw time on Saturday but only three threw for touchdowns. Jake Coker showed flashes of progress but also made a couple of bad throws, including an interception which was returned for a touchdown. Redshirt freshman David Cornwell was 12-for-24 with a touchdown and two interceptions. True freshman Blake Barnett threw one interception but threw a touchdown to ArDarius Stewart late in the game. Alec Morris was the most efficient of the bunch, going 7-for-11 for 60 yards. Cooper Bateman went 7-for-11 for 48 yards but threw an interception.

Running backs, C: Derrick Henry wasn’t at his best but was still productive, rushing 15 times for 46 yards and a touchdown. Kenyan Drake, who wore a black non-contact jersey and is recovering from a leg injury, had 13 yards on five carries. Early enrollee DeSherrius Flowers was the only other scholarship running back to receive a carry. He had just one and was injured on the play. He had his shoulder in a sling and did not come back in.

Receivers, B+: ArDarius Stewart and Robert Foster both had over 100 yards receiving while Stewart caught two touchdowns. Due to players leaving and injuries, the depth at wide receiver isn’t as prevalent for Alabama as in years past. Tight end Ty Flournoy-Smith had five catches for 46 yards while Dakota Ball caught three passes for 23 yards.

Offensive line, C-: It is never good to see an offensive line give up eight sacks in any kind of game. This one is kind of an exception. The line was split into two teams so the White team had a little bit of an advantage as it had most of the perceived starters. Alabama also is expected to have one of the best pass rushing defenses in the nation and the team’s depth at linebacker and defensive line is much greater than the depth at offensive line.

Defensive line, B: Alabama’s defensive line should be one of the best in the nation this year and they showed glimpses of their potential Saturday. O.J. Smith registered two tackles for loss while Josh Frazier had a sack. Jarran Reed made three tackles and Dalvin Tomlinson had two. The White team had just 32 rushing yards while the Crimson team had -16.

Linebackers, A: Alabama’s linebacker group could very easily be one of the best in the nation and it showed Saturday. The linebackers had six of the game’s eight sacks. Christian Miller had two while Dillon Lee, Tim Williams, Keith Holcombe and Rashaan Evans each had one. Lee also added an interception. Reggie Ragland and Reuben Foster finished the game with seven tackles each.

Secondary, B+: The secondary had five interceptions and one of them was returned 51 yards for a touchdown by Maurice Smith. Anthony Averett, Ronnie Harrison, Jabriel Washington and Marlon Humphrey each had a pick. Bradley Sylve registered nine tackles in the game while Humphrey had eight and a pass breakup.

Specialists, B-: Punter JK Scott looked like his normal self. He punted five times for an average of 53.8 yards and pinned one of them inside the 20-yard line. Adam Griffith hit two field goals including a 49-yarder to open the scoring. He missed two field goals but slipped before kicking one of them. Griffith and Gunnar Raborn each made two extra points.