Study Abroad Fair held for UA students

The Honors College and Capstone International hosted a fair for students interested in studying abroad in the summer or fall of 2016 this past Tuesday. It was held in Nott Hall from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. At the fair, there was information given about the May Interim, Summer I and II terms, as well as semester-long trips held through Capstone International. Information that could also be found at the Study Abroad Fair included how to apply for scholarship and the study abroad program.

Students interested in applying for trips organized by the Honors College must already be enrolled in the Honors College. But students who are not enrolled are not excluded completely. In fact, any student can apply for any specific trip through the Capstone International on the Education Abroad website. 

“Any student is welcome to apply,” said Nancy O’Brien, the Director of Intercultural Experiences, “and my hope for that student who studies abroad with the Honors College or with Capstone International, is that they may achieve both personal and professional growth as an individual, as well as a better understanding of what it means to be a global citizen.”

Following Tuesday’s session, a general Study Abroad fair will be held in February of next year.

Deadlines for scholarship applications are coming up. Honors College scholarship applications are due by Jan. 4. Scholarship applications for summer and fall trips through Capstone International are due by March 25. For more information, you may contact Nancy O’Brien at [email protected] or Capstone International at [email protected].