Session to inform students on resume, interview skills

WHAT: The Career Chats series helps students prepare themselves for professional life and gives them an idea of what to expect in their career search.

Chris Chirino, a Career Advisor at the Career Center, said the next event, “Career Chats: Resume and Skills Development,” will inform attendees of the resume details and help them to build their resumes effectively. The event will also give advice on job-searching related topics such as interview etiquette.

“In this event, we are going to primarily focus on discussing essentially what the resume is,” Chirino said. “A lot of folks know that they need one… but they don’t really know what the purpose or the background ideas [of a resume] are.”

WHO: UA Career Center

WHEN: Tuesday, March 22, 4 p.m.- 5 p.m.

WHERE: Career Center Multipurpose Room in the Ferguson Student Center, Room 3400

WHY: Chirino said the event will not be as much as a resume critique as it will be a starting point for building a “stellar” resume. Students will gain necessary background knowledge on resumes and how to best market themselves.

“[If someone doesn’t attend], they’ll miss a really good opportunity to understand how to leverage all the experiences that they’ve gotten on campus so far.” Chirino said. “There is really a methodology behind [resume building] and a reason behind it, and it’s to maximize potential.”