Crimson comes away with a 27-24 win over White on A-Day

Alabama finished its spring football season with the Golden Flake A-Day game. In an unusual, high-scoring game, White finished with a 27-24 win over Crimson.

Jalen Hurts started for the Crimson, throwing for 301 yards on 16-25 passing. He also finished with two touchdowns and an interception. Tua Tagovailoa started for the White team and threw for 313 yards on 17-29 passing. He also added three touchdowns with one interception.

JK Scott was the hero for the Crimson team as he kicked the game winning field goal as time expired.

AWARDS

The Dixie-Howell Memorial Award (MVP of A-Day Game): Jerry Jeudy

The Dwight Stephenson Award (Most Valuable Lineman of the A-Day Game): Raekwon Davis

NOTES:

• Saban at the half: “Well, first of all, I’m looking for pluck. We’re looking for players that can take ownership to do a job and to play to a certain standard. Then we can overcome adversity and play the next play when things don’t go well. So how do you compete in the game? Those are the most important things. We’re really simple in what we’re doing on both sides of the ball. I’m encouraged by the explosive plays on offense. Obviously, when you’re playing against your own defense, that’s a concern. But, you know, we turned the ball over a few times, made a stupid penalty down there in the red zone that cost us a turnover. There’s a lot of good teaching points for these players to learn from, so it’s all good.”
  • Jerry Jeudy shined in his first spring game. He finished as the leading receiver for the game with 134 yards and two touchdowns.
  • Tua Tagovailoa got off to a hot start and threw a 15-yard touchdown on his third pass of the game.
  • Terrell Hall intercepted a Tua Tagovailoa pass for a pick-six in the second quarter, which was the only non-offensive touchdown of the game.
  • Miller Forristall was injured in the 2nd quarter after a 21-yard reception. He did not return.
  • Alabama’s quarterbacks were impressive early on. The three players combined for 495 yards and three touchdowns in the first half.
  • With Damien Harris, Bo Scarbrough and BJ Emmons all out for Alabama, the Crimson Tide relied on young players at running back. Freshman Najee Harris was the leading rusher in the game with 70 yards on 17 carries.
  • JK Scott was 3-4 on field goals, including a miss in the final two minutes and the game-winning, 20-yard field goal.
  • Linebacker Keith Holcombe finished with a game-high 10 tackles for the white team.