PRACTICE REPORT: Alabama spends its sixth spring practice indoors

Jacob Arthur

The Alabama Crimson Tide practiced indoors today for its sixth spring practice of 2017. Here are the sights and sounds from today’s media viewing period

Notes:

• Due to the exceptional rainstorm last night, the Crimson Tide practiced indoors on the turf.
    • Jalen Hurts, the Crimson Tide’s starting quarterback in the 2016-2017 season, threw practice passes to warm up his arm. Offensive coordinator Brian Daboll worked hands-on with Hurts as well as freshmen Mac Jones and Tua Tagovailoa. All three quarterbacks threw short passes to one another.
    • Linebackers worked through drills in groups of two. The first group featured senior Rashaan Evans and redshirt junior Keith Holcombe. The next group up was sophomore Mack Wilson and freshman Dylan Moses. Injured senior Shaun Dion Hamilton continued to rehab the ACL he tore against Florida in the SEC Championship.
    • Alabama head coach Nick Saban worked with the defensive backs on drills that required quick footwork. Minkah Fitzpatrick, Tony Brown and Ronnie Harrison were the first group that worked together
    • Wide receivers worked on a number of different crossing patterns during the viewing period. Calvin Ridley, as usual, led the group through these drills. One receiver would cut inside, while the other would move around him to the outside.
    • Alabama hosted a number of recruits on Monday. Among them was class of 2019 offensive tackle Bryan Hudson.