Five Fall Break Destinations

As fall break approaches, you might be wondering what there could possibly be to do if you are not going home. If you are not looking to stray too far from campus, activities such as the annual fair are perfect for fall break. However, if you are looking for an adventure, perhaps the Nashville nightlife is for you. Check out these potential fall break destinations.

Voodoo Fest

Approximately 4 hours away, the Voodoo Fest is located in City Park, New Orleans. This three-day long festival runs from Oct. 28-30 and features performers such as Kevin Gates, The Chainsmokers, The Weeknd and G-Eazy. This year marks the festival’s 18th run, and as another year older, the festival promises new changes to make it more user friendly. It is encouraged to attend the festival in costume, as it is Halloween-themed.

Alabama National Fair

If you are looking to stay closer to Tuscaloosa, the annual Alabama National Fair will be in Montgomery from Oct. 28-Nov. 8. General Admission is $12 and concerts are free with admission. Artists such as Hunter Hayes and Eli Young Band will be performing.

Nashville, Tennessee

If you are itching for a road trip to a vibrant city, Nashville is the place to be. Music City hosts live music constantly, with guests such as Garth Brooks and events such as Jack Daniel’s Music City Midnight. Music City also offers old-fashioned Southern cooking with restaurants such as Jack’s Barbeque, Loveless Café and Puckett’s Grocery and Restaurant.

Gulf Shores, Alabama

Not ready for summer to be over? Head down to the beach to catch some rays before the cold comes. From water sports to deep-sea fishing, Gulf Shores has plenty of activities for fall break. At this time of year, the shores offer excursions such as Ghost Cruises and the Pumpkin Patch Express. The Ghost Cruise sails out into Perdido Bay in the darkness along with a spooky story to keep you entertained.

Lake Martin, Alabama

Located two hours from Tuscaloosa, Lake Martin has a variety of outdoor activities perfect for fall weather. Horseshoe Bend National Military Park offers activities such as hiking trails, horseback riding, float trips and even golf courses. Near the lake, the park is is known for its beautiful scenery and historical parks.