Library expo to showcase new databases, research tools

What: The Second Annual Library Expo will give company representatives the opportunity to demonstrate new databases.

Who: Any member of the University of Alabama community is welcome to attend and learn more about new products that can help them in the future.

When: Wednesday, Sept.20, noon to 2 p.m.

Where: Ferguson Center Commons

Why: The Second Annual Library Expo will demonstrate how to use new products, such as databases, by different company representatives as well as library representatives from UA. 

“We’re constantly adding more and more research products that can be used by students and faculty,” Michael Pearce, head of Gorgas Information Services, said. “This event creates awareness amongst the student body and faculty about resources that can be used in the future.”

With the expo happening in the Ferguson Center, members of the University can learn something new and meet new people. 

There will be over 20 tables at the expo, with companies from all over the country. Some of the vendors include, Alabama Digital Humanities Center, representatives from branch libraries here on campus, the Women and Gender Resource Center, Samford Media Center, Mango Languages, Simply Analytics, and many more. 

There will be free snacks, prizes, and other fun giveaways provided by some of the vendors.