Motel Radio winds down at Bama Theatre’s Acoustic Night

Tucked into the intimate Greensboro Room, indie rock band Motel Radio will go acoustic at their next appearance at the Bama Theatre this Thursday, Oct. 19 at 7:30 p.m.

College roommates Ian Wellman and Winston Triolo have since grown into a full band alongside Eric Lloyd, Andrew Pancamo and David Har. The New Orleans band will bring their harmony-driven sound to the Tuscaloosa area. 

“The event is taking place in the Greensboro Room, which is a smaller venue within the theatre,” said public relations chair Kevin Ledgewood. “It’s going to be much more intimate than the usual larger spaces, and with an audience nearer to the performers than usual.”

Presented by the Arts Council of Tuscaloosa, the evening will foster a relaxed autumn acoustic set, welcoming all Tuscaloosa residents and students to a break from fall semester and midterms.

According to a recent press release, Motel Radio was named “Best Emerging Artist” at the 2016 Big Easy Awards in New Orleans, and will carry their passion for music through a simple stage and a focus on the lyrics and instruments at hand on Thursday. 

“Acoustic night has taken place since at least 2007,” Ledgewood said. “I most look forward to continuously bringing new music to our Tuscaloosa audiences.”

Likewise, students look forward to discovering new music and taking a break from a busy week of classes and exams before fall break. 

“I’m really excited to take a break from class and hear an acoustic set from Motel Radio, who usually plays more rock,” said Sarah Westmoreland, a junior majoring in journalism. “It’s not only a night to hear new music, but a night to hear new music in a new setting and format, seeing as it’ll all be more mellow and cozy.”

Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets will be $10 at the door. 

For more information, visit motelradiomusic.com.