Alabama track and field has multiple athletes post all-time school scores at Tiger Paw Invitational

Sam MacDonald

Sam MacDonald

James Fletcher

Alabama track and field turns in impressive numbers at the Tiger Paw Invitational, leaving their mark with multiple school top-10 performances.

Senior Daniel Haugh finished second in the weight throw, with a throw that ranked No. 2 all- time for the University of Alabama. Junior Shelby McEwen finished second in the high jump, ranking No. 3 in school history.

The women put up top scores too, with Junior Stacey Destin finishing first among collegiate athletes in the high jump. The mark is a season best for Alabama. Junior Tamara Moncrieffe finished fifth among collegiate competitors in the triple jump and set the fifth best mark in Alabama history.

The “A” relay of freshman Daija Lampkin, sophomore Symone Darius, freshman Tamara Clark and sophomore Takyera Roberson finished third in the women’s 4×400- meter relay setting their best time this season, besting their previous best within two weeks.

“Our field events continue to be a strength for us,” Alabama head coach Dan Waters said in a press release. “Shelby McEwen had another great weekend and Daniel Haugh turned in his best effort of the season as well. And the performance by our women’s 4×400 group the last two weekends has given us a boost. We need to really tie these performances together and build on that momentum heading into the SEC Championships.”

Alabama’s distance runners were also in action Saturday at the Music City Challenge in Nashville, Tenn. Junior Connor Ferrentino set a UA season best and finished tenth in the men’s 800 meters.

In the women’s events in Nashville, senior Caroline Barlow was the ninth fastest collegiate finisher in the mile, setting a UA season best in the event.

Alabama will now focus on the Southeastern Conference Indoor Track and Field Championships, held on Feb. 24-25 in College Station, Texas.