Students to learn about research opportunities at ‘Pizza with Professors’

Jeffrey Kelly, Contributing Writer

For anyone who is interested in research or learning how to get involved in research, the office for undergraduate research will be hosting an event where students can enjoy free pizza and listen to eight faculty members discuss their research in areas such as biology, exercise science, communication, criminal justice, geography and computer science.

Who: The office for undergraduate research is hosting, and all students are welcome to attend.

What: Presentation about research and research opportunities

When: Wednesday, Oct. 3, noon-1 p.m.

Where: 205 Gorgas Library

Why:

“Pizza with professors is an event that the office for undergraduate research puts on for all students, all undergraduate students, across campus, and what we hope to do with this event is essentially to introduce faculty to students in a way that is more informal,” said Anneliese Bolland, assistant director of undergraduate research. “That’s why we have lunch. We do pizza just as a way for students to talk informally with faculty about the research that they are doing.”

Bolland said students are primarily taking classes for their major, so they may not have as much exposure to what faculty members are doing in different areas on campus. She said this event invites faculty from many different areas on campus to come and be available to students so they can find out about research going on at the University and have the opportunity to get involved in a lab or in a research project with a faculty member.