Culverhouse College of Commerce and Business Administration gets new dean

J. Michael Hardin has been selected as the new dean of the Culverhouse College of Commerce and Business Administration at the University.

According to the college’s website, one of Hardin’s main priorities is to help the college excel.

“The faculty members in our college are extraordinary,” Hardin said. “They excel in research, in teaching, and in service to the University, community, state and nation. One of my main goals as dean will be to do whatever I can to help them reach even greater heights.”

Hardin also wants to help the college further its reputation on a national level, according to the site.

“Our college has been built on a great culture and reputation during the tenure of Dean Mason and has risen to national prominence,” Hardin said. “My desire is to further this reputation and to continue to build on the excellent culture that we have established.”

Michael Bailey, a recent graduate of the CBA program and current MBA student, has confidence in Hardin’s ability to successfully lead the college.

“Although Dean Mason’s shoes will be hard to fill, I have full confidence that Dr. Hardin will successfully guide the future of the Culverhouse College of Commerce and Business,” Bailey said. “He has strong ties to the business school, a passion for higher education and a relentless work ethic coupled with a high moral code. I only have excitement about the future of the college.”

Hardin joined the UA faculty in 2001. He will assume the position, previously held by Dr. J. Barry Mason, on Aug. 16.