Seniors prep for homecoming

Seniors prep for homecoming

“We’ve had a very good group of seniors this year. We have a very good leadership group,” he said. “I think the best thing about this team and the best thing about our seniors is they are all really well-liked by their teammates.”

The current group of seniors, which includes wide receiver Christion Jones, quarterback Blake Sims and linebacker Trey DePriest to name a few, has won an SEC Championship and two national championships in their time 
in Tuscaloosa.

“Yeah, but I’m just looking forward to them,” Jones said when asked if it has hit him that these are his last two home games. “When we get to that point, it will probably hit me once it is all over with.”

Saban also talked about the job status of one of his former coaches, Will Muschamp. It was announced that Muschamp would step down as Florida’s head coach after the season was completed.

“I’ve tried to call him a couple of times but I’ve never really gotten to him,” he said. “He did a really good job, in my opinion, of making that program better. He did a great job in recruiting … I think he did a really good job coaching the team. Anything that we can do for him, we will certainly be there to help him every way that we can.”