Tuscaloosa offers variety of dates for Valentine’s

Tuscaloosa offers variety of dates for Valentines
Harish Rao

Coming up with things to do for Valentine’s Day is not always easy, especially when it falls on a weekday. However, this Tuesday, no matter if you are single or attached, Tuscaloosa will offer several options for those looking to celebrate the holiday.

A Romantic Movie

For the romantic in everyone, The Cobb Hollywood 16 is showing “The Vow,” a movie based on a novel by Nicholas Sparks.

Innisfree Bar

Innisfree Bar is having a single’s party for Valentine’s Day. They will have a DJ and $2 shots, $2 champagne and $4 pitchers in addition to their regular drink specials.

Rounders Bar

Rounders is hosting a singles party called “Cupid’s Ball.” For ladies, admission is free, and for gentlemen admission is $5. DJ Spinnz will be playing music in the back, and James Borland will be playing downstairs. They will have $2 Pinnacle vodka shots and $3 cranberry vodka.

Bama Art House

The Bama Art House presents “Carnage” at the Bama Theater. In “Carnage,” Jodie Foster, Kate Winslet and Christoph Waltz tell the story of two sets of parents who decide to have a cordial meeting after their sons are involved in a schoolyard brawl. The movie begins at 7:30 p.m.

Dance Alabama!

Dance Alabama! is a student-organized and choreographed concert designed to expose audiences to the culture of dance while exhibiting the talent of UA students. The performance begins at 7:30 p.m. in Morgan Auditorium and student tickets are $12.

Dresses and Wine Be My Valentine

Rent the Runway is hosting a Valentine’s Day Trunk show at The Booth. Tickets are $10 and the show will begin at 7 p.m. For those over 21, the ticket price includes unlimited wine from 7 to 10:30, as well as the opportunity to try on the dresses.

Sips N Strokes

Looking to be creative this Valentine’s Day? Try your hand at painting! Sips N Strokes will be doing a special Valentine’s Day splatter-heart painting session. The event begins at 7 p.m. and costs $25.

Stay In

If you don’t wish to go out, you can make a romantic meal for two in the comfort of your home and rent a movie from Redbox or watch one on Netflix. Last Valentine’s Day, the city of Tuscaloosa had the third largest amount of Redbox rentals.