Twenty-Four Alabama student athletes set to graduate Saturday

Two dozen University of Alabama student-athletes have qualified for Saturday’s summer commencement, including 18 who are scheduled to earn their bachelor’s degrees and six who have completed work on master’s degrees.

Carson Tinker is among the six football players set to graduate, a group that also includes former NFL players Tim Castille and Kenny Smith along with David Blalock, Samuel Kearns and Nick Tinker.

All-Americans Hunter Hamrick and Hunter Slatton along with Hunter Bronson from men’s golf, and All-American Kassi Price and Jocelyn Fowler from gymnastics are also slated to earn their degrees.

From the men’s tennis team, All-SEC player Ricky Doverspike and Creighton Blanchard will earn their degrees along with Bianca Arrington, Mariah Styer and Audrey White from the rowing team.

From baseball, Jon Kelton, Nathan Kennedy and Josh Rosencrans are scheduled to graduate as are Drew Finelli and Gilles Gutnecht from swimming and diving and Oliver Blake, Gary Bradbury and Nicholas Hayes from track and field/cross country.

The 24 summer graduates will join the 117 Tide student-athletes who graduated following the fall and spring semesters, pushing the athletics department’s graduation tally to 141 for the 2011-12 academic year.