iPhone Clinic offers variety of repair services

A new branch of the iPhone Clinic store recently opened in June on the Strip to better serve and reach the student target market.

The Strip location is the second storefront for the fledgling enterprise and is already popular among students.

The two stores now have a combined clientele of about 1,000 customers per month with most of these numbers coming from the Strip location.

Several students have ventured to the new spot with satisfying results.

Bibi Suarez, a junior majoring in special education, liked the student-friendly and efficient atmosphere while store staff repaired the broken screen on her iPad.

“Everyone breaks their iPhone or Macbook at least once while in college, and this is a more convenient fix than going through Apple,” Suarez said.

Colby Hopwood, a junior majoring in business management, wasn’t deterred by higher prices at the clinic because of the staff’s reliability and promptness.

“They back up all of your information and double check to make sure your phone still works in front of you when you pick it up, which takes less than an hour,” Hopwood said.

It cost Hopwood $50 to fix her broken lock button, but she said that even though it seemed a bit expensive, it saved her a trip to the Birmingham Apple store.

Store owner Ilyas Ileri understands that students are always looking to get the best deal, especially on such an unforeseen expense.

“Not only will we always take our competitor’s coupons, we currently offer a 10 percent discount to anyone who becomes our friend on Facebook at Bama iPhone Clinic Tuscaloosa,” Ileri said.

The iPhone clinic offers its customers a variety of services, including iPhone, Android, Macbook, iPad and most other computer repairs, which take around 30 to 40 minutes. All repairs are backed with a minimum 30-day warranty.

They also buy and sell old iPhones, varying in price up to $150, depending on the quality.

Just recently, the company started repairing water-damaged phones with about a 95 percent success rate, according to Ileri. The process takes about a day and the store gives out loner phones for customers to use while they wait.

Perhaps one of the most student-friendly initiatives, the iPhone Clinic has started its reporting system. Students are encouraged to stop by the store and give the serial number of their lost or stolen phone. If someone comes in trying to sell or repair that phone, the owner, as well as UAPD, will be contacted immediately.

“As of yesterday we have already had six successful accounts of the reporting system working,” Ileri said.

The Strip location is also looking to hire several students with exceptional customer service skills. Resumes and class schedules should be emailed to [email protected] if interested.