Gamedays offer variety of fashion choices

By Alexandra Ellsworth

Staff Reporter

^

With football season now steadily underway, Saturdays in Tuscaloosa are not lacking excitement. A Saturday when Alabama’s Crimson Tide is playing at home could never be mistaken for an away game weekend.

Alabama, like any university, has many traditions that surround gamedays like tailgating on the Quad and singing Rammer Jammer after a win, but the University also has some traditions with dress as well.

The University of Alabama’s gameday fashion is said to be specific to college gamedays around the country; and supposedly The University of Alabama is one of the few campuses where students dress up for gameday. But, fans can be seen sporting anything from a casual Crimson Tide T-shirt to a cute gameday dress.

Dresses: Dresses are not just for girls who are in sororities. Any number of girls may like to dress up for a game. Dresses are usually seen in crimson, white, black or houndstooth to show team spirit, but it is good to keep in mind a little bit of houndstooth goes a long way. Unexpected patterns in red and white also work well if you get tired of wearing solid colors.

Jerseys: Another good way to support Alabama football and show your pride is to wear a team jersey. These come in both crimson and white, and offer a comfortable option for game days. Support your favorite player by sporting his number on the back of your jersey.

T-shirt: You can never go wrong with an Alabama t-shirt. What better way to show your school spirit than a Crimson Tide t-shirt? And t-shirts are a comfortable option that can be dressed up or down depending on your look for the day.

Gameday golf shirts or dress shirts: Guys at the University can often be seen sporting a little bit dressier option for gameday as well. When tired of the t-shirt, a nice crimson golf shirt or dress shirt can be excellent option. Often times these shirts can be found at shops around Tuscaloosa with the Alabama ‘A’ printed on them for some extra school spirit.

With good food, friends, tailgating and the perfect gameday outfit for the day you can’t go wrong. No matter what you decide to wear for an Alabama football gameday, you are bound to have a good time cheering on the Crimson Tide to, hopefully, another victory!