UA gymnastics coach Sarah Patterson: Student supporters of team are champions

As we reach the midpoint of our regular season, I want to take a moment to thank our amazing students. Through our first two home meets, we have averaged over 2,300 students per meet in Coleman Coliseum and your overwhelming support of our gymnastics team will help propel our ladies to great heights.

After two weeks on the road, I can tell you that there is nothing more exciting to our team than to be able to come home this Friday and compete in Coleman in front of the greatest fans in the world! The energy and excitement you generate are like nothing else I’ve experienced. Our ladies love going to the floor exercise on the last event, seeing their classmates raise four fingers in the air for the fourth rotation and performing in front of the student section because the atmosphere is always electric.

Our students are a huge part in the reason we haven’t lost in Coleman Coliseum in more than four years and we hope you’ll help us keep that streak alive as we go for our 106thvictory in a row over the Auburn Tigers this Friday at 7:30 p.m. It’s going to be another tough, challenging Southeastern Conference meet, and we’ll need every one of you in the stands cheering our ladies on.

In addition to amazing gymnastics, there will be a ton of giveaways for Alabama students including an iPad Mini, T-shirts, gift cards and so much more, courtesy of Tuscaloosa Toyota.

Again I want to thank each and every Alabama student who has come to our meets and supported this team. You are CHAMPIONS! I want to personally invite you all back this Friday and encourage you to bring a friend as we take on the Auburn Tigers. With your help, it will be another amazing Friday night in Coleman Coliseum.

Roll Tide Roll!

Sarah Patterson is the head coach of The University of Alabama gymnastics team.

Crimson Tide’s freshmen ready to make impact

Student athletes say most perks outweigh demands

Menus changing to accommodate gluten-free diet, lifestyles