Ferg to host DJ lessons Sunday

Students and faculty will have an opportunity to learn and showcase their DJ skills, including scratching, beat counting, beat matching and mixing in a DJ class being held at the Ferguson Center Sunday, Feb. 17.

University Programs is hosting the class as part of its Discovery Series for students and faculty. These events are used to create new learning skills for students’ educational and recreational use.

“This series is targeted to getting students to try new and exciting things that might not be offered on campus,” Kelly Willis, event programmer for University Programs, said. “It will enhance the students’ horizons and increase student involvement.”

The Discovery Series includes non-credit classes geared to help students and faculty discover a new talent or passion. In the past, it has offered classes in belly dancing, dog training and flower arrangements. DJ Mohagony Harris is leading the event. She is a DJ and entertainment reporter for 105.1 JAMZ.

“I’m teaching the basics of DJing,” Harris said. “Tips and tricks so people can have fun with their friends and be able to host parties of their own.”

(See also “Red Bull hosts collegiate DJ contest at Rounders”)

Participants should bring an iPad to use during the event if they have one. A limited supply of iPads will be available. To reserve an iPad, email Kelly Willis at [email protected].

“These events are being held to utilize campus resources, identify and demonstrate new activities, and aid in personal development in a social realm by meeting other students with the same interests,” Willis said.

The program will be held Feb. 17 in the Ferguson Center in Room 300 from 6-7:30 p.m. The cost is $10 for students, $15 for faculty, and it is a one-time event. Students must register before the event at uaferguson.tix.com.

For more information, contact University Programs at (205)-348-7525.

UA gymnastics team hopes to maintain 105-match streak against Auburn

People more attached to tech than relationships

Free prep courses available for GRE, MCAT, LSAT