Denim cutoffs, lightweight cardigans, common sense essential for stylish spring breaker

The week before spring break is pretty useless, considering most of our brains are stuck turning between spring break plans and packing. To make your packing lists a little simpler, I went ahead and made a few optional spring break outfits that can easily transition your look from sandy toes to drunken woes or city walking to dinner talking.

Let’s start with the basics. Every girl needs denim cutoffs. The frayed edges and high waist allow you to keep insecurities secure and look great over a swimsuit or paired with a flowy chiffon top for nighttime festivities, which brings me to the flowy top. Said shoulder pieces also double as a swimsuit cover-up and give you a chance to flaunt your base tan courtesy of Palm Beach Tan.

Whether you’re spending your break on the coast or sightseeing in the city, you’re going to need a good flat shoe. Wedges are not for walking and they aren’t comfortable after 30 minutes, so invest in a printed tennis shoe or statement-making sandal. You should probably just pack both. Your feet will thank you. As for all you fashion forward gals, your Isabel Marant knockoff wedge sneakers will be perfect for gallivanting around cities so as not to look like a tourist.

Sundresses are great for walking around during the day with said flats. A lightweight cotton dress is ideal when temperatures rise and comfort is at the top of your list. Target always has plenty of cotton sundresses in a multitude of prints and styles. However, you should save the bondage skirt for nighttime. You don’t want to worry about anything riding up when trying to catch a bus or whatever else you might have to run toward.

A lightweight cardigan will come in handy when the temperatures drop at night. Your newly bared shoulders just won’t know what to do after being bundled in months past. Depending on your personal style, be it vintage swagger or a preppy variety, a classic button front cardigan will always complement a daytime ensemble.

Don’t forget accessories. A large leather bag can double as a beach tote or camera case and leaves ample room for the essential spring break neon hat (because you should take it off) and spring break drink. Sunglasses and a lightweight scarf are also essential to any pleasant weather excursion. Don’t bring your favorite Ray Bans – they’re bound to get lost or stolen or broken, so try a Target look-alike, No one has to know.

Finally, please pack common sense. Don’t go alone, wear sunscreen, don’t leave your drink unattended and all that jazz.

[Opinion] Alabama’s education reforms are a welcome reform to past failures

[Opinion] Student criticism at the Capstone must have a purpose

[Opinion] Ohio senator’s gay marriage reversal is a signal for impending legalization