Renowned musician David Lindley to play show in Tuscaloosa Monday

The multi-instrumental musician David Lindley will be performing at the Bama Theatre Monday night as part of the Acoustic Night series. Lindley is known for the guitar strings behind Forrest Gump as he runs clear cross the nation, the smooth sound behind the gang in “Fast Times at Ridgemount High,” and founder of the bands Kaleidoscope and El Rayo-X.

During his tour, Lindley will not only be performing in various states, but will also be making stops in Canada and Germany.

One of the first pioneers of what is now known as “world music,” Lindley plays a multitude of eclectic instruments, like the Weissenborn Hawaiian lap steel guitar. In the late 70s he collaborated with Jackson Browne, creating many albums that would go on to become classics. Lindley’s current band El Rayo-X is a combination of American roots and reggae.

“I’ve heard of Jackson Browne before I think I heard it on my friends iPod once and I really liked it,” said Pat Lang, a freshman majoring in environmental science. “My dad used to play oldies in the car when I was little so he got me hooked on it. I’ve never heard of El Rayo-X before though, but I like a lot of different music compared to everyone else.”

The list of artists Lindley has collaborated with reads like a who’s who of rock ‘n’ roll icons and includes Bob Dylan, Rod Stewart, Crosby and Nash, and Warren Zevon, just to name a few.

The doors of the Bama Theatre open at 7 p.m. and the show begins at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 day of show (if available). For information visit bamatheatre.org.