Students take advantage of on-campus ring week

Susie Bosch, a Balfour representative, said getting a class ring is important because it is representative of the dedication that was put in to receiving a degree.

“It signifies the tradition of Alabama and the accomplishment,” she said.

Samuel Turner, a senior majoring in finance, said that he was planning on getting a class ring during Ring Week because it is a good way to show pride in his school and in his achievements.

“You want to have something you can look back on,” he said. “This is 
my school.”

Turner said that having a physical ring on his finger from The University of Alabama is a symbol of his school spirit.

“If someone asks 10 years from now where I went to school, I am a graduate from Alabama,” he said.

Meredith Huey, a junior majoring in kinesiology, said that she is interested in purchasing a class ring when she graduates because of the tradition that surrounds it.

“I wear my high school class ring all the time,” she said. “It will be nice to have one from college too.”

Megan Coddington, a junior majoring in elementary education, said she is still not completely sold on purchasing a class ring, but is definitely interested because of the significance that they hold.

“I think it’s a nice way to commemorate graduation,” she said.

Though Ring Week is a great time for students to order their class rings, there are other options during the year. Bosch said there will also be opportunities during the graduation fair later in the year and at graduation. Furthermore, students also have the option to participate in the ring ceremony in the Spring.

Balfour representatives will be available from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. through Friday to commemorate Ring Week.