Alabama offense looking for identity

Alabama offense looking for identity

“I still don’t think we have an identity yet,” offensive lineman Austin Shepherd said. “We started off the season pretty good, had a little fault in Florida, but I still thought that we played good. These past two games we haven’t really done anything. I feel like we are still searching for it, and the coaches think we are too.”

Alabama struggled to move the ball against the Razorbacks. The offense totaled 10 first downs for the game and was beat in time of possession by nearly 10 minutes. Freshman JK Scott had to punt the ball eight times in the game. He had only punted 11 times all season coming into the game.

“The first three or four games of the year, we really had a lot of easy, fast quick throws,” Alabama coach Nick Saban said. “People now take those things away, regardless of who is there. They basically challenge you to run the ball, which we have to do better. I think it is more important for us to go back to the basics of what we need to do to execute and make better choices of how we distribute the ball, and I think we will be just fine.”

The Crimson Tide will likely need to score a lot of points if it wants to keep up with Texas A&M this weekend. The Aggies rank sixth in the country, scoring almost 44 points per game and have averaged 565 total yards per game.