Bama Scare Cam contest accepting submissions

The first part of the program will be an Instagram contest of submitters scaring friends or family. Videos can be submitted to University Programs’ Instagram, @UAwhatsUP, and winners will be announced at the event.The winners must be present to receive their prizes, which include general scholarships of $100, $75 and $50, awarded for first, second and third places. The deadline for submissions is Wednesday by 3 p.m., and the main event of Bama Scare Cam will be hosted at 6 p.m. in 
329 Lloyd.

“Guest speaker, Mary Kelley, an 
assistant professor of the Capstone School of Nursing will be present,” said Bonnika Ashley, the supervisor of the event. “She will provide information about early breast cancer detecting and women’s health.” 

Kimiko Mckenzie, a senior majoring in biology, said it was great to see the 
support on campus.

“I think that it’s amazing to see how many people support breast cancer awareness on this campus, with people wearing pink for instance,” Mckenzie said. “I didn’t know how many people were personally affected by it, and when they share their message it makes 
people more interested in learning 
about it.”

To the people who have been personally affected by breast cancer, this month is particularly special.

“I have friends and family members who have passed away because of breast cancer, so I think getting everyone behind it and aware of what’s going on and bringing awareness to the cause and helping to raise money for research and treatment is absolutely awesome,” said Pierce Persons, a visitor at the University. “Cancer affects so many people on a daily basis, and I’m sure almost everyone knows someone who has been affected by cancer, so I think all of the different events and all of the people wearing pink is great.”