Position depth uncertain for upcoming A-Day game

“I felt like a champ all day at practice,” 
he said.

Ragland said the belt is for the most turnover attempts by a defensive player. He said it is something the coaches created to get the defensive players more active in getting turnovers. The defense, he said, was the winner in 
Friday’s scrimmage.

“[Ragland is] kind of right. The defense came out on fire. We had some turnovers, and we have got to fix that,” tight end O.J. Howard said. “For the first time as a whole unit together, I think we kind of did pretty well as an offense.”

The offense at one position has taken a hit. Freshman running back Bo Scarbrough was not on the field after the news came last Friday that he injured his knee. Scarbrough tweeted that he was having surgery Monday morning.

With the absence of Scarbrough and the dismissal of Tyren Jones, only a few scholarship running backs remain. To fill the void, 6-3 redshirt freshman Ronnie Clark, moved from the defensive backs to third team running back reps behind Kenyan Drake and Derrick Henry Monday. Clark had been practicing with the defense most of the spring, even though he is listed as defensive back and running back on the roster. In high school, Clark played as a dual threat quarterback at Calera High School. Clark rushed 43 times for 651 yards and five 
touchdowns his senior season, which is an 
average of 15.1 yards per carry.

With A-Day a week and a half away, many questions surround lineups and depth at 
several positions.