Nike joins 60 other stores in Midtown Village

The Tuscaloosa Nike Factory Store opened its doors for the first time, revealing the brand’s first store in a college town on Thursday.

Over 300 excited customers packed into the store in anticipation of its opening. They jammed as “Sweet Home Alabama” blared over the speakers. The newly-hired employees handed out free Nike headphones to all those who endured the long line outside. Alabama cheerleaders, Big Al and former Crimson Tide wide receiver and current Oakland Raider Amari Cooper were all present to mark the opening of Nike T-Town, with Cooper cutting the trademark ribbon to show its official opening.

“We are really excited about this store,” said Zoe Krislock, vice president of the Nike Factory Stores in North America. “One of the reasons we decided on opening a store in Tuscaloosa was because of Nike’s partnership with The University of Alabama. We have been partners for over 40 years in sports, and we think this is a great community that enjoys sports in both high school and college. It is a great connection between the brand and the community.”

The Nike store is located in Midtown Village, just a short drive from The University of Alabama campus. Krislock pointed out that compared to Nike Towns, which are the premier stores that bring the brand to life in big metropolitan cities, the “factory store” has more affordable items. Inside the Nike Factory Store, the brand will offer a selection of running, training and other sporting products, as well as a wide selection of shoes and specific Nike-made Alabama Crimson Tide 
products.

Also present at the store will be the Nike.com Assist, an in-store massive touch screen computer. This device allows the customer to purchase products directly off Nike.com, combining the online shopping cart with the products they have already purchased within the store. The Nike.com Assist experience also allows zero shipping fees for 
the buyer.