Announcements for 9/15/2010

SGA Ideas to Action seeks ideas

The Student Government Association’s Ideas to Action committee encourages students to submit their ideas for campus events, programs and reform through the sga.ua.edu. Ideas to Action is designed to take students’ ideas for campus events and programs and make them possible. For more information, contact Ross Mullins at [email protected].

Crossroads Community Center to discuss Hurricane Katrina

“Remembering Hurricane Katrina: Five Years Later” will be at 5 p.m. Sept. 16 at the Crossroads Community Center lounge in 232 Ferguson Student Center. Neecha R. Turner was displaced by Hurricane Katrina and is now the office manager for UA’s Career Center. She will share her story. Others offering their retrospective of Katrina include Brice Miller, assistant director of Crossroads Community Center, and Sheldon L. “Shelly” Rosenzweig, a veteran crisis counselor from Tuscaloosa. For more information, contact [email protected].

Graduate School to hold Preview Day Thursday

The University of Alabama Graduate School will hold its Preview Day from 3 – 6:30 p.m. in the Ferguson Center. The day will include information on the graduate school in general and individual graduate programs at the University, as well as practice graduate school admissions tests. The day begins in the Ferguson Theater with a presentation by the Graduate School’s staff titled “The Benefits of Investing in a Graduate Education.”

University Boulevard to be resurfaced

University Boulevard from Wallace Wade Avenue to Sixth Avenue will undergo roadway resurfacing beginning at 7 p.m. on Sept. 16. The project is expected to be complete by Sept. 25, pending no inclement weather. Two lanes will be open at all times for vehicular traffic, proper traffic control will be in place and flagmen will be present to direct traffic. Expect slight delays while traveling to and from campus in this area. Contact Sommer Coleman, project manager, at 348-5950 for more information.