JK Scott, Dalvin Tomlinson poised to make an impact in 2015

Take it nice and easy.

Punter JK Scott said that’s the advice he gets from coach Nick Saban.

“He always compares my punting to his golf game,” Scott said. “Just [a] nice, easy swing.”

As a freshman, Scott finished as a finalist for the Ray Guy award, which honors the country’s top punter. Scott said he wants to be even stronger and more consistent this season.

Online, Scott has received an enormous amount of attention from Alabama fans, but he said that kind of attention has yet to cross over into day-to-day life on campus.

“I don’t even look like a football player,” Scott said. “If anything, they think I’m a basketball player walking around.”

Another player who could become more recognizable to Alabama fans this upcoming season is defensive lineman Dalvin Tomlinson who is looking to earn a spot in the 
starting lineup this season.

Depending on the situation, Tomlinson will play inside or outside on the line. He said he feels like this gives the team more flexibility in case an 
injury arises.

“Someone might roll an ankle or something,” he said. “If we need a big person to go inside, then I could go outside and help the team in 
more ways.”

Looking ahead to Alabama’s second fall scrimmage this Saturday, Tomlinson said he expects to see better play on the defensive side of the ball. He said some guys struggled to get in the right mindset for the first one because it’s been so long since the team tackled.

Tomlinson said he likes the improvements he has seen from the offensive line. He said Cam Robinson is just one of the offensive linemen who has made strides since the spring.

“[Robinson’s] the total package,” Tomlinson said. “Those long arms can get on your nerves every now and again, but Cam, he’s a great player.”