Bryce construction on schedule

Construction on The University of Alabama’s Bryce campus remains on schedule, according to head of construction for the University Tom Love.

Students and staff can plan on getting around campus much easier within the next few months when construction on the entrance road is completed.

“The new intersection at Hackberry Lane was constructed this summer to minimize the impact to campus and to facilitate move-in,” Love said. “The new Peter Bryce Boulevard project is going to be an exciting improvement that will allow the entire Peter Bryce Campus to be interconnected to campus with vehicle, pedestrian and bicycle access.”

Additionally, University Planner Dan Wolfe said the new classroom buildings, welcome center and auditorium are still on schedule to open summer 2016.

“This is one exciting project, “ Wolfe said. “Bryce was completed in 1852; there’s so much history and life there, and I can’t wait to bring it back.”

Love addressed the safety concerns brought upon by the old buildings, explaining his goal for this project is to maintain historical appearance while adding safety and security to campus.

“To be able to ensure that a structure that is so important to the state will be around another 150 years does not happen often,” Love said.