Student's composition to be performed at Carnegie Hall

World-renowned conductors and musicians have had their music performed in Carnegie Hall. In April 2016, University of Alabama student Tyler Grant’s “Panoramic Landscapes” will be performed within the New York venue.

Grant, a sophomore at Alabama majoring in Music Education, will have his piece performed by Scarsdale Highs School Wind Ensemble located in New York. This high school was selected to work in Carnegie Hall.

The conductor of the ensemble wanted to choose a piece by a young and upcoming composer. He chose “Panoramic Landscapes.”

“It is absolutely an honor to have you work played at a venue with such a high level of esteem in the music world,” Grant said, “It is absolutely rewarding after the many years of hard work and many years of failures.”

Grant believes this future performance at Carnegie Hall will elevate his career and his stature as an American composer.

“It is almost like a dream, being able to know how much history is behind that hall, and to have music placed on the same level is a total honor,” Grant said. “I also want to stress upon how supportive the school of music has been. They are really allowing me to go and do these amazing things.”

Grant had his first composition published as a 7th grader and did not stop from there. According Grant, he has had pieces performed at The Midwest Clinic, The Southeastern Trumpet Festival, The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and Walt DisneyWorld. His music has also been performed in over thirteen countries.