UPDATED: Alabama point guard, forward announce transfers (w/ Avery Johnson quotes)

After two seasons, point guard Justin Coleman’s career at Alabama is ending in transfer, he tweeted Wednesday.

Once a highly-rated recruit from Wenonah High School, Coleman started the season coming off the bench, supplanted in the starting lineup by freshman Dazon Ingram. After Ingram sustained a foot injury, Coleman started seven games. He averaged 3.3 assists per game, shot 89 percent from the free throw line, and posted 11 double-digit scoring games.

“Justin and I met this afternoon and discussed his future with our program,” Johnson said in a press release. “After talking it over with his family, Justin felt it is in his best interest to transfer from the University of Alabama. Justin is a terrific young man and I wish we had the opportunity to work with him more. I would like to thank him for all the hard work he has put in during the past year and want to wish him the best of luck.”

UPDATE (03/30/16, 5:10 p.m): 

Forward Michael Kessens will also transfer according to his Twitter account. As a graduate student, Kessens will have one year of eligibility, and will be eligible to play immediately. 

Kessens started 21 games in the 2015-16 season, shooting 48-of-86 on the season. He leaves Alabama with 310 total points and 282 total rebounds.

“Mike is set to graduate this May with an undergraduate degree from the University of Alabama and will explore his options of either playing professionally in Europe or use his fifth year of eligibility at another school,” Johnson said. “I loved his energy he gave us throughout the season and he was a joy to coach. We certainly wish him the best in whatever career path he chooses.”