Student tickets available for Tuscaloosa NCAA Regional Gymnastics meet

The No. 4 University of Alabama gymnastics team will host the Tuscaloosa NCAA Regional meet on Saturday, April 2 at 4 p.m. CT in Coleman Coliseum.

Alabama is the No. 1 seed and will be competing against No. 2 seed California, No. 3 seed Boise State, along with Kentucky, West Virginia and Bowling Green. The top-two teams will advance to the NCAA Championships, which will start on April 15 in Ft. Worth, Texas.

Saturday’s regional meet will mark the 14th time Alabama has been selected as a host school, last time was in 2013.

Tickets can be purchased on RollTide.com or at the Alabama Ticket Office in the lobby of Coleman Coliseum, but the first 1,000 students will receive free admission with their Action Cards. The front row seats have been reserved for students and are first-come, first-served. 

Students using their Action Cards are to enter through the student entrance on the West side of Coleman Coliseum, which is closest to Hackberry Lane. However, students with disabilities may enter through the main lobby or the East entrance, which is closest to the Law School.

Alabama coach Dana Duckworth said select organizations already have tickets for their members. Those with actual tickets are to enter through the main lobby.

The doors will open two hours before the meet begins, which is set for 4 p.m. CT. Alabama will start on a bye before competing on the uneven bars, followed by the balance beam and another bye. It’ll finish off on the floor exercise then vault.

Also, prohibited items in Coleman Coliseum include:

Artificial noisemakers

Oversized bags, backpacks and purses larger than 8 ½ X 11 inches

Banners, flags or signs on sticks or poles

Cameras with lenses larger than 6”

Computers

Coolers, outside food and beverages

Alcohol

Strollers

Video recorders

Weapons