Capstone International Center to host Fulbright Day

What: Fulbright Day

The Fulbright Award is given to college seniors in the United States and allows students to study abroad expense-free, courtesy of funding from the government.

Fulbright Day at the University will consist of three informational sessions about applying for the awards. The applications are open to college seniors who plan on graduating by May 2017.

Megan Wagner, coordinator of the Student Fulbright Program on campus, said there will be a representative from the Institute of Education and the Fulbright Advisor present at the sessions.

“[The Fulbright Award is] a great post-graduate opportunity because living and working abroad looks great on your resume,” Wagner said. “Employers will know that you planned projects, implemented and completed them and that you have more of a world view.”

Who: The Capstone International Center

When and Where: Tuesday, April 19. There are three different sessions held in separate places on campus.

10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. in the Ferguson Student Center, Room 3108

2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. in Lloyd Hall, Room 329*

3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. in the Ferguson Student Center, Room 3108

Students are not required to be present for an entire session; they may come and go as they please, Wagner said.

*indicates a session for Honors Students

Why: Wagner said the sessions will provide students who are interested in applying the chance to ask any questions they may have and give them a better understanding of the awards.

“Coming to the information sessions will be a great way for [students] to figure out how the Fulbright could fit into [their] career plans,” Wagner said.