The Vegabonds to perform at Druid City Music Hall

This Thursday, five southern musicians of The Vegabonds will take the stage at Druid City Music Hall. Alongside Stop Light Observations and LaGoons, the three bands aim to provide a night of energetic alternative and rock performances.

Celebrating eight years of songwriting and performing this month, The Vegabonds look forward to returning to Tuscaloosa.

“Four of us are from Auburn, but we pretty much started out in Tuscaloosa playing here just about every weekend,” said Daniel Allen, the band’s lead vocalist. “We played at just about all of the fraternities and bars, like Gallettes and Innisfree.”

Four records, a busy travel schedule around the nation and a few international tours later, The Vegabonds strive to provide original music that taps into a little bit of everything — whether that be rock n’ roll or even some country.

“As far as music goes, we try to stick to what we enjoy and just jam out,” Allen said. “Ever since 2009 we have written original songs because, after all, we’re all musicians at heart and our originality has taken us pretty far already.”

Showcasing their latest album, “What We’re Made Of,” The Vegabonds look forward to revisiting the Tuscaloosa stage and putting on another show.

“It’s going to be a great night of music,” Allen said. “We have two great opening bands, and it’s really going to be a killer night full of original songs and performances at Druid City.”

Stop Light Observations, an alternative band from Charleston, South Carolina, that’ll open for The Vegabonds, has played together since middle school and looks forward to sharing their sound with Tuscaloosa yet again.

“The Vegabonds have a lot of energy and we have a lot of energy,” said John Keith Culbreth, a principal songwriter for Stop Light Observations. “It’s really going to be a special event.”

The alternative band looks forward to taking the stage and speaking to any students looking to step out of the box and ask questions about today’s musically influential society.

“There’s definitely a time to just be still and listen but there’s so much in the world that needs to be said right now,” Keith said. “Now is the time to stand up and ask questions. Now is the time to demand accuracy, facts, unity, peace and love, and this is exactly what we hope our sound and lyrics speak for.”

Students are also looking forward to the performance. 

“I’m really looking forward to this concert,” said Sarah Willen, a sophomore majoring in nursing. “All of the bands performing have truly unique sounds and messages in their lyrics and instruments. I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

Doors will open at 7:30 p.m. and the performance will begin around 9 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at http://druidcitymusichall.com/