Three Alabama players earn weekly honors from the SEC after victory over Arkansas

On Monday the SEC recognized an Alabama player from all three phases of the game as SEC Players of the Week after the Crimson Tide defeated Arkansas 49-30. Minkah Fitzpatrick, Jalen Hurts and JK Scott all received the honors.

Fitzpatrick was named Defensive Player of the Week after he tied an Alabama record with three interceptions in one game. He also returned one of them for 100 yards and a touchdown, which was the longest return in program history. It was also Fitzpatrick’s third pick-six of his career, which ties Alabama’s all-time career record. Fitzpatrick was also named a Walter Camp National National Defensive Player of the Week for his performance.

Hurts, the SEC Freshman of the Week, led Alabama to 6-0, while accounting for 273 total yards of offense and four touchdowns. Two of those touchdowns were rushing touchdowns. Hurts now has five rushing touchdowns on the season.

Scott was named as the SEC Special Teams Player of the Week after he punted four times for 206 yards. He manage to place two of them inside the Arkansas 20-yard line. Scott also recorded a season-long punt of 63 yards in the game.