HIGHLIGHTS: No. 1 Alabama defeats No. 16 Arkansas

Alabama defeated No. 16 Arkansas 49-30 on Saturday. During the win the Crimson Tide recorded 517 yards of offense to the Razorbacks 473.

Here’s some highlights, stats and analysis from the victory:

• Alabama extended its non-offensive touchdown streak to eight games when linebacker Tim Williams returned a fumble, caused by defensive lineman Da’Shawn Hand, 23 yards in the second quarter.
  • Defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick took his third interception in this game 100 yards and scored Alabama’s ninth non-offensive touchdown this season.
  • Wide receiver ArDarius Stewart picked up five first downs for the Crimson Tide with all five of his receptions (120 yards).
  • In its first five games, the Crimson Tide had five offensive plays that went for more than 50 yards. Alabama added four more plays against Arkansas for a total of 236 yards and one touchdown.
    Here are Alabama’s longest offensive plays this season:
  1. 73-yard rush by Harris against USC
  2. 71-yard reception for Stewart from Blake Barnett for a touchdown against USC
  3. 67-yard rush by Harris against Ole Miss
  4. 67-yard reception by Stewart against Arkansas (ends with fumble)
  5. 57-yard rush by Harris against Arkansas
  6. 56-yard rush by Jacobs against Arkansas
  7. 56-yard reception by Harris from Hurts for a touchdown against Arkansas
  8. 52-yard reception by Stewart from Barnett against Western Kentucky
  9. 51-yard reception for wide receiver Calvin Ridley from Hurts against Western Kentucky
  • Freshman tight end Miller Forristall recorded his first career catch for 32 yards.
  • Alabama coach Nick Saban’s halftime quote when his team led, 35-17: “I’m very disappointed in the way we’re playing defense. We’ve done a great job on offense, making a lot of big plays and scoring a lot of points, but the defense just isn’t playing very well at all, not playing fundamental football in the back end, not good coverage, not executing what we need to do, busted a couple of coverages. So we need to play a lot better.”
  • Alabama fumbled the ball three times and lost two of those (both in the redzone).
  • Passes of at least 15 yards not counting RAC (run after catch) yards. (Note: I stopped keeping up with this five minutes into the fourth quarter, but it looked like Arkansas quarterback Austin Allen completed at least two more such throws for around 40+yards.)
    • Alabama: 2-of-4 for 44 yards
    • Arkansas: 4-of-6 for 79 yards and one interception
  • Injury Report (per Saban): Reuben Foster (concussion) left the game in the second half and did not return, right guard Alphonse Taylor  also suffered a concussion and Jacobs (nerve in his elbow) was cleared to play second half after going down in the first quarter, but coaches elected to sit him.

GALLERY BELOW