PRACTICE REPORT: Freshman tight end spotted among wide receivers before Arkansas

The No. 1 Alabama football team had its last practice in front of the media Wednesday before it heads to Arkansas. Players were imitating the No. 16 RazorbacksĀ all over the field, as the first team players faced off against scout teams.

One position group that drew attention this afternoon was the wide receiving core. ArDarius Stewart once again was dressed out andĀ running routes, but he did the same last week and did not play against Kentucky. The senior still has a brace on his left leg.Ā 

Joining the receiving group was alsoĀ Miller Forristall. The freshmanĀ normally lines up at tight end, but he was running routes after wide receiverĀ Gehrig Dieter. Forristall has a 6-foot-6, 210-pound frame and was a three-star talent, according to ESPN.com.Ā 

Some of the routes seen WednesdayĀ were a crossing pattern where the receiver ran under a shoot and in between pads before he was hit with a pass. There were also some deep comeback routes thrown.

Additional Practice Notes

• Outside linebackers, led by Tim Williams and Ryan Anderson, worked on swim drills.

• Defensive backs worked on covering each other, while coach Nick Saban threw passes to them. They then joined the inside linebackers and worked against scout team receivers.
  • The offensive line worked against a scout team of defenders as well.
  • O.J. Howard, Hale Hentges and other tight ends worked on their blocking while Forristall was with the wide receivers.Ā