Moundville Archaeological Park to host third annual Birdfest

Laitche

This Saturday, July 22, Moundville Archeological Park will host its third annual Birdfest. Visitors can join experts as they lead tours through walking trails, identifying different birds and sharing their knowledge about them. 

“We are hoping for a big turnout since we have been promoting this for weeks,” said Kayla Scott, Education Outreach Coordinator at Moundville Archaeological Park. “There will be a lot of fun activities with Birdfest, like demonstrations, crafts and more fun with the surrounding events.” 

The Alabama Wildlife Center is one of the many organizations that will be at the event on Saturday, and they will offer presentations about raptors and how they adapt in the wild. 

Special guest Dwight Lammon will be on hand to identify different birds and lead visitors through walking trails. Visitors can also enjoy craft time with craftsman John Fletcher, who will be displaying his handmade birdhouses throughout the event. 

Along with Birdfest, Moundville is hosting two other events this weekend, Knap-In and Saturday in the Park.

All events are free with the regular fee for general admission to Moundville Archaeological Park. Park admission is $8 for adults, $7 for seniors and $6 for students. All Moundville residents and children 5 and younger are admitted free of charge.