Alabama rallies to defeat Tennessee

In the middle of a two-match losing streak, Alabama fell behind Tennessee two sets to one before mounting a comeback to win the match in Knoxville, Tenn. on Sunday.

Alabama (13-6, 2-4 SEC) won the opening set 25-20 before Tennessee (8-7, 1-5) took the next two sets, 25-23 and 25-18 to position itself to win the match. Alabama came back to win the next set, 25-23, to bring the teams to a tie-breaking fifth set.

The Crimson Tide defeated the Volunteers 15-9 in the fifth and deciding set to keep its undefeated record in five-set matches (4-0) in tact. Alabama has won both five-set matches in SEC play.

Led by senior Leah Lawrence and her 19 kills, three Alabama players set new-career highs in kills for a match. Sophomores Ginger Perinar and Mahalia Swink finished with 18 and 14, respectively.

Meghan Neelon collected her team-leading sixth double-double, posting a career-best 59 assists, along with 18 digs.

Junior Quincey Gary collected a career-best three service aces to go along with her 27 digs.

Alabama will get a quick breather from SEC play with a match against Alabama State (15-7) on Thursday at 7 p.m. The Crimson Tide will resume SEC play with a match against LSU on Sunday in Baton Rouge at 1 p.m.