Off-campus eats to check out this fall

CW File

Customers are lining up to get a taste of the newest ice cream in town. CW File.

Jared Ferguson, Contributing Writer

Students returning to Tuscaloosa after summer break will find a variety of recently opened restaurants and snack stops to enjoy this fall.

Frost Bite – The new Frost Bite offers customers the choice of rolled or nitrogen ice cream. Any individual seeking to satisfy their sweet tooth has a multitude of options here ranging from different flavors to a large variety of toppings. Frost Bite is open every day from 1-9 p.m. at 1914 University Blvd.

Dotson’s Burger Spot –Dotson’s is the perfect spot for sandwiches and burgers. The choices consist of beef, pork, sausage, turkey and even veggies. Dotson’s also has a selection for pies, milkshakes and soda floats.  Its hours are Tuesday to Thursday from 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Dotson’s is located at 2322 4th St.

YuriKo Crepes and Cakes – The bakery specializes in a variety of desserts unique to Tuscaloosa. Desserts include options such as eclairs, specialty cakes and crème puffs. This is the perfect place for anyone looking for a non-traditional bakery treat. Yuriko Located at 1535 Hackberry Ln.

Real & Rosemary – A new second location for the popular restaurant is now open downtown Tuscaloosa next to Steel City Pops. The establishment is praised for its fresh food, pleasant atmosphere and quick service. It’s the perfect place for a healthy alternative. Real & Rosemary is open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily. The original location is located at 1530 McFarland Blvd, Suite D, while the new location is at 2128 University Blvd.

World of Beer –With a sports bar feel, World of Beer is already gaining popularity despite only opening this summer. A few of the dishes at the new restaurant are customizable burgers, wings, salads and tacos. As the title suggests, World of Beer also features many options in the way of alcohol. The establishment is located at 2107 University Blvd. and opens everyday at 11 a.m.