Business cards for sale to UA students

CW/ Emma Junck

Amanda Le, Contributing Writer

Whether students plan on attending networking sessions or career fairs in early October, a business card could be a way to jumpstart a professional career. A card can put a name to a face, and it gives potential recruiters something to hold onto.

University Printing Services serves UA students, faculty, departmental staff and affiliated organizations. The center also offers students the option to purchase affordable business cards in small or large quantities. After an order is placed, the cards are usually ready in three to four business days.

Tom McLeod, director of University Printing Services, said that its services are willing to help and accomodate the needs of students, as it was a student initiative to have the resource in the first place.

“I was around when they introduced students cards,” McLeod said. “It was a student initiative to have cards. We responded to the requests, passed it on and made it happen. That’s what we’re here for. To help students, faculty and staff.”

Peter Bial, a senior majoring in marketing, said he did not know about University Printing Services and that the resource is very helpful.

“It’s so nice to have that easy access to making business cards,” Bial said. “Especially with the big career fair coming up.”