Alabama in the NFL: Week seven

Jerrod Seaton

Jerrod Seaton

RJ Nealon, Staff Writer

Week seven of the NFL season is complete, and throughout the NFL Alabama players continue to showcase their skill. During one of the NFL’s biggest rivalry games, several former Crimson Tide defensive lineman had big games for the Washington Redskins against the Dallas Cowboys. Da’Ron Payne made four tackles, had a quarterback hit and deflected a pass while Jonathan Allen made two tackles and recorded one sack for the Redskins.

Outside linebacker Ryan Anderson came off the bench for the Redskins to get his second sack of the season to go with two quarterback hits.

The three Redskins players were among more than 30 former Alabama players to see field action during week seven.

Chicago Bears safety Eddie Jackson made five tackles in a game against the New England Patriots. The Patriots won 38-31.

Houston Texans cornerback Kareem Jackson made three tackles and recovered a fumble during their 20-7 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. Throughout the game, Jaguars running back T.J. Yeldon gained 28 yards on 12 rushes along with five catches for 40 yards and one touchdown. It was Yeldon’s fourth touchdown reception of 2018, setting a team record for the most by a running back in one season.

New England Patriots linebacker Dont’a Hightower made five tackles and recorded a blocked punt against the Bears. The blocked punt was picked up and returned for a touchdown by the Patriots—the first off a blocked punt since Oct. 6, 1996.

Tennessee Titans running back Derrick Henry had a solid performance against the Los Angeles Chargers. Henry had 12 carries for 33 yards and one touchdown. He also caught two passes for 32 yards. It was his first touchdown of the season. The Titans lost 20-19.

Miami Dolphins running back Kenyan Drake and safety Minkah Fitzpatrick showcased their skills against the Detroit Lions. Drake ran the ball for 72 yards on six carries including a 54-yard touchdown run. He also caught the ball four times for 15 yards. Fitzpatrick made two tackles. The Dolphins lost 32-21.

During Monday Night Football, Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones had nine receptions for 104 yards. Calvin Ridley had five receptions for 43 yards. On the defensive side of the ball, New York Giants safety Landon Collins had seven tackles. The Falcons won 23-20.