Dimitar Kutrovsky joins men’s tennis coaching staff

James Benedetto, Assistant Sports Editor

Alabama men’s tennis added a new assistant coach to its staff on Tuesday.

Dimitar Kutrovsky will join head coach George Husack after spending four years as an assistant coach for the University of Texas at San Antonio.

“I would like to thank Coach Husack and Kevin Almond for this incredible opportunity,” Kutrovsky said in a press release. “I consider working at the University of Alabama a privilege and I will do my very best to uphold the standard of the Crimson Tide. I knew of the history and level of Alabama, but even with high expectations, I was extremely impressed on my visit to the school. I think that the program is set to achieve great things and I can’t wait to help the team continue on that path.”

Before his tenure with the Roadrunners, Kutrovsky was a decorated tennis player with the University of Texas. He is the all-time winningest player in Longhorn history with 230 combined wins in singles and doubles. Kutrovsky was also a four-time All-Big 12 performer and helped lead Texas to three NCAA tournament appearances.

“It was clear during the interview process that Dimi was a driven, competitive and eager coach like he was as a student-athlete,” Husack said in a press release. “The more we spoke and learned about one another, in addition to his campus visit, it became evident that he was a quality fit for our program.  I’ve been blessed in having tremendous assistant coaches here at Alabama and feel the same in adding Dimi Kutrovsky to our staff.  I’m very excited to keep the Tide rising with him and volunteer assistant coach, Lalo Ugalde.”