REPORT: Dylan Moses tears ACL, out for year

CW / Joe Will Field

James Ogletree, Sports Editor

UPDATE: Coach Nick Saban confirmed that Moses injured his knee in practice. “It requires surgery so he’ll be out an indefinite period of time,” Saban said.

After a fall camp riddled with injuries, Alabama suffered an even more significant setback on Tuesday night. Starting linebacker Dylan Moses tore his anterior cruciate ligament and will be out for the year, according to AL.com’s Matt Zenitz. The Athletic’s Aaron Suttles was the first to report that Moses suffered a severe injury.

Moses, a Butkus Award finalist last year as a true sophomore, led the team in tackles and was projected to be the centerpiece of the Crimson Tide defense at Mike linebacker.

Redshirt senior Josh McMillon, the projected starter at Will linebacker, is already reportedly out for the year with a knee injury. True freshman Christian Harris, who attended the same high school as Moses in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, was listed as the starter next to Moses on the team’s depth chart released Monday.

True freshman Shane Lee and redshirt sophomore Markail Benton were listed as co-backups behind Moses at Mike linebacker. One of them is slated to start alongside Harris for the season opener against Duke in Atlanta on Saturday.