Alabama gymnastics goes for fifth national title

The Alabama gymnastics team has finished in the top three at nationals 19 of the last 25 years.

Anything outside the top one tonight, however, would be a disappointment.

The Crimson Tide headed into nationals as the No. 1 overall seed and scored the highest of all 12 teams in the semifinals on Friday.

Alabama luckily drew the normal rotation that it is used to, starting on vault before going on a bye, then bars, beam, another bye and finishing on floor. Here’s the lineup Alabama will use tonight to try to take home its fifth national title in program history and its first since 2002.

Vault: 1. Kim Jacob 2. Ashley Sledge 3. Marissa Gutierrez 4. Geralen Stack-Eaton 5. Kayla Hoffman 6. Diandra Milliner

Bars: 1. Ashley Sledge 2. Becca Alexin 3. Kim Jacob 4. Sarah DeMeo 5. Geralen Stack-Eaton

Beam: 1. Marissa Gutierrez 2. Diandra Milliner 3. Kim Jacob 4. Kayla Hoffman 5. Sarah DeMeo 6. Geralen Stack-Eaton

Floor: 1. Kim Jacob 2. Ashley Sledge 3. Marissa Gutierrez 4. Diandra Milliner 5. Geralen Stack-Eaton 6. Kayla Hoffman

Like Friday, Kayla Hoffman, Geralen Stack-Eaton and freshman Kim Jacob will compete in the all-around for the Tide. You can follow the meet on twitter @cwsports or listen on the radio in Tuscaloosa on 90.7 The Capstone.