Management class presents “Roll Tide, Go Bama!”

By Nathan Chambliss

Contributing Writer

A music management class at The University of Alabama will host a concert event, “Roll Tide, Go Bama!” for Bama fans of all ages on Nov. 20at 8 p.m. at the Moody Music Building.

The event is an Iron Bowl week kick-off for everyone, and admission is free. There will be a musical performance by the UA Brass Ensemble, Million Dollar Band Trombone section, UA Volleyball Pep Band and local rock band Tetelestai. Tetelestai has been together for nearly two years and has played all over Alabama, including at the Bama Theatre.

Kaylene Beal, the chairwoman for the event, said there are a wonderful variety of acts on the evening’s program.

“Tetelestai is a fantastic band with diverse influences, and I’m excited to support local music by featuring them on the program,” she said.

Along with the musical performances, the management class has prepared a video and slideshow remembering those affected by the tornados of April 27.

“One of the coolest parts of this concert will be the visual media we’ve prepared to enhance the music,” Beal said. “The UA Brass Ensemble will accompany a beautiful slideshow designed to commemorate the victims, survivors, volunteers and others affected by the April 27 tornados.”

There will also be an Alabama football montage to get everyone pumped up for the Iron Bowl week, Beal said.

“Everyone is welcome to wear crimson, bring shakers and join in the football cheers,” she said.

As part of the music management class, a group of ten students are required to present a full-length concert as a final project.

“Dr. Pam Penick has taught us about publicity, advertising and booking artists, but she’s also helped simply by letting us learn from this hands-on experience, which we’ve controlled from start to finish,” Beal said. “Considering how special this year’s Crimson Tide football team is and the timing of the event, right before the Auburn game, we jumped at the chance to support both student musicians and athletes.”

The atmosphere for this event is going to be very relaxed and will be a great time to show school spirit before one of the biggest Alabama football games of the year.

IF YOU GO

WHAT: Roll Tide! Go Bama! music performace

WHEN: Nov. 20 at 8 p.m.

WHERE: Moody Music building

COST: Free