Girl Talk to perform in Tuscaloosa Wednesday

Mash-up artist Girl Talk will perform in Tuscaloosa on Wednesday at a venue that has not yet been announced. The show is part of the One Night Only with Girl Talk tour sponsored by AXE, the men’s body and hair care company.

An AXE mobile truck will visit high traffic areas of campus Tuesday to give out pairs of tickets to fans, according to a press release from the company. The location of the truck throughout the day will be revealed on AXE’s Facebook and Twitter pages. “We’re swinging by the Student Center around 1,” an AXE Facebook event for the mobile truck reads.

Girl Talk will also distribute free tickets in front of the show venue on Wednesday. Tickets will not be sold publicly, and entrance to the show will be first-come, first-served.

Gregg Gillis, the man behind Girl Talk, has been making music for more than 10 years, incorporating both “blatantly appropriated melodies and blasts of unrecognizable fragments” to create his music, according to Illegal Art, his record label.

His fifth and latest album, “All Day,” was created with the intent to make “the most insane and complex pop collage album ever heard,” according to Illegal Art’s website.

The 71-minute record contains 372 samples.

The One Night Only with Girl Talk tour begins in Tuscaloosa and will include stops in eight college town venues throughout the country. The Crimson White will have more information about Wednesday’s concert as it becomes available.

For the most up-to-date information, visit our website, Twitter and Facebook pages.