The Super Bowl of football food

This Sunday, Tuscaloosa residents will host all kinds of Super Bowl parties. Whether you’re the host of the party or just attending one, watching the big game just isn’t the same without some good tailgate food.

Instead of showing up with the average chips and dip or store-bought cookies, The Scene has two recipes anyone could make to impress their friends and fill their stomachs.

Even the college students who claim they can only make cereal will be able to make these recipes that both come in around $10.

Sausage Balls:

While these may not look like the most appetizing of Super Bowl finger foods, I can almost guarantee you they will not make it out of the first quarter. Easy, cheesy and super delicious, it takes less than $10 to buy the ingredients and less than 20 minutes to put them together.

Before you start making these, be sure to preheat your oven to 400 degrees and cover a cookie sheet with nonstick foil.

Ingredients:

Hot sausage: $3

Bisquick: $2.35

Cream Cheese: $1.50

Shredded Cheddar Cheese: $2

Total: $8.85

Step 1: Measure all your ingredients into the same bowl

The only measurement you’ll have to make for this recipe is 1-1/4 cup of Bisquick. Next, put in the entire package of cream cheese, the entire package of sausage and half the package of the shredded cheese (it doesn’t matter if you use too much, these can never be too cheesy).

Step 2: Mix everything together

Warning: You’re going to get messy. You can use a nice mixer if you have one, but I’ve found the easiest way to get all these ingredients mixed together quickly is by using your fingers.

Step 3: Form the mixture into balls and put onto cookie sheet

You can use an ice cream scoop to measure out perfectly sized balls or simply use your hands. As long as they fit onto your cookie sheet, you’re good.

Step 4: Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown

Barbecue Chicken Roll-Ups

What is a day of football without some barbecue? When you don’t have the time to smoke some yourself and you don’t have the money to order catering, these chicken roll-ups are the perfect semi-homemade alternative.

This recipe requires no measuring, no chopping and comes in at around $10.50. The best part is you can substitute your favorite barbecue sauce or use a different kind of pre-cooked meat.

Before you start cooking, make sure your oven is preheated to 350 degrees and cover a cookie sheet in tin foil.

Ingredients:

Rotisserie Chicken: $7.39

Barbecue Sauce: $1.18

Crescent Rolls: $1.93

Total: $10.50

Step 1: Shred the chicken

Using two forks (or your fingers), separate about half of the chicken into a small, shredded pieces.

Step 2: Add the barbecue sauce

Add the sauce until all the chicken is coated or there is enough sauce for your liking. Once the sauce is added, put a spoonful of the mixture on the narrow tip of every crescent roll triangle.

Step 3: Roll them up.

Starting from the narrow end of the crescent rolls, roll them up and make sure all the mixture stays inside the crescent.

Step 4: Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown