Student media names leaders

Cassidy White named editor-in-chief for the Corolla Yearbook

Cassidy White, a sophomore majoring in food and nutrition, has been elected to be the new editor-in-chief for the Corolla – the University of Alabama’s yearbook.

White said her involvement with the yearbook, including writing for the Corolla and becoming the organization’s editor during the year, has prepared her to step into the role of editor-in-chief.

“I decided to apply for the position of editor-in-chief because I have really enjoyed those experiences and have learned so much,” White said. “I want to be a leader for the Corolla and help provide other students with those same opportunities.”

As the new editor-in-chief for the Corolla, White hopes to inform more students about the yearbook that all have an opportunity to purchase.

“My concern for the yearbook is that many students aren’t aware that we actually have [one] that they can purchase,” White said. “I want everyone to have that opportunity to have a piece of their college memories preserved.”

White will continue to use her current involvement with organizations like Project Health and Student Dietetic Association to allow Corolla to have more participation around campus and get the organization involved with events going on throughout the University.

“I plan to build a great staff of writers, photographers and designers and collaborate with them to produce an awesome book that students can have to look back at for years to come,” White said.

Cliff Kyle named editor-in-chief for The Capstone Radio Station

The new station manager for WVUA 90.7 The Capstone is Cliff Kyle, a senior majoring in telecommunication and film.

“It feels incredible. I know there is a lot that can be accomplished, and I am eager to get started,” Kyle said.

As the new station manager for The Capstone, Kyle wants to get the University of Alabama community involved by having more students interested in the station.

“There is not enough interaction with the UA community,” Kyle said. “I feel like the station has not done enough to demonstrate how much we care about the students here. We are a college station after all, so we should be doing what we can to build a bridge between us and the students.”

Kyle hopes to bring more benefit concerts to the University of Alabama for the students to participate in and enjoy. There are also more goals in store from Kyle, which will be revealed in the future.

“Big things are on the horizon, but I don’t want to spoil any surprises,” Kyle said.

After Kyle graduates, he said he hopes to continue his career in radio by working with either a local or nationally recognized radio station.

“I would like to work as a production manager for a local or nationally recognized production studio,” Kyle said. “Or, if I can stay with the world of radio, I think that would be a satisfying career goal.”

The Capstone was recently able to re-subscribe to the College Music Journal, and with this, the radio station will be able to broaden its selection of music appeal to a large base of radio listeners.